October 2nd, 2018 by admin
How Educational Institutions are Harnessing IT Solutions and IT ServicesTechnology has been an enabler of increased productivity and countless consumer innovations. In education, we have witnessed the appearance of Massive Open Online Course (MOCC) platforms, that leverage technologies like cloud computing to provide low or no-cost education to thousands of participants. Traditional classrooms have been shy about embracing technology as a way to improve the learning experience. But over the last 5 years, the pace at which technology has been disrupting and transforming traditional classrooms has been accelerating. In modern academia, the provision of dependable IT and dedicated technical support has become crucial to learning. The average school or college operates a vast array of networked computers, tablets, and managed mobile devices, to support their daily activities. In this scenario, it’s clear that schools need a solid foundation of information technology -- not only to keep their operations running smoothly but also to help students learn technology systems as they prepare for the future. Schools have unique needs when it comes to IT. In this article, we are going to talk about some of the most useful IT Services leveraged within education and how they are transforming the way institutions teach and learn.
What IT Services Are Educational Institutions Using?Cloud Migration Services - According to a 2016 report from CDW•G, 67 percent of school IT solutions are delivered fully or partially through the cloud. That’s up from 42 percent in 2014. From email, storage, and web hosting, to collaboration portals and specialized mobile learning (m-learning) solutions, schools around America are embracing the benefits of cloud computing at an unprecedented pace. One common use of cloud computing in education institutions revolves around document management solutions to reduce the amount of paper, automate processes and improve the authoring and sharing of documents. Another frequent use is cloud document storage, which allows students and teachers to share documents and collaborate seamlessly. Cloud computing has also enabled m-learning solutions to be an essential part of any modern classroom. M-learning solutions are based on the cloud and are accessible from multiple platforms - allowing students to access educational content directly from their mobile devices. The survey mentioned above, also found that even as schools move a set of IT functions to the cloud, IT professionals continue to harbor concerns about data privacy and security -- which bring us to our next point: Cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity and Disaster Recovery - Educational institutions need to protect their students, their staff, and their data. Unauthorized access to private data can harm the reputation of any school. A properly implemented security strategy should provide a safe environment for students and teachers to collaborate and share information. Continuous monitoring against emerging threats, regular patches and software updates are essential elements of a cybersecurity strategy
- Day-to-Day Managed IT Services – For a long time now, Managed IT Services have allowed companies to reduce their IT spending and make better use of their IT budget. It’s only natural that schools should leverage the same benefits that businesses realize from Managed IT Services.
- Video Conferencing and Collaboration Services - Video conferencing and collaboration solutions can enhance the learning experience. Having an expert from across the world lecture via video feed is now commonplace in classrooms. Video conferencing and collaboration services can open limitless possibilities for students and teachers.
- Network Infrastructure and Wireless
- Cloud Storage - With Cloud storage, the days of “my dog ate my homework” are long gone. Cloud storage solutions enable students and teachers to share documents and edit them in real time - improving the way they collaborate.
What Do We Learn About IT Services for Education?The changes in technologies such as cloud computing have triggered new trends that are likely to define how we deliver education in the future. The most successful school districts and institutions of higher learning are the ones that innovate. Leveraging and embracing technology is the key to greater innovation. Partnering with an experienced IT Services provider that has a proven track record of helping educational institutions in the adoption of technology can greatly reduce implementation times and reduce the associated risks. TOTLCOM works with schools to improve their maintenance, support, and network infrastructure while optimizing their IT spending. Our team understands the challenges of utilizing technology within the educational process. Looking for more helpful articles? Check out these three! 3 Questions To Ask Your Tech Support Company Can My IT Company Help Us Communicate Efficiently? Non-Profit Digital Developments for 2018
Posted in: IT Services In California