June 25th, 2018 by admin
Managed IT Services & Technical SupportJust like larger companies, your small or mid-sized business requires the right technology to operate efficiently and productively. But, as you become more dependent on your IT solutions and they become more complex, you can fall behind on things like software patches, security updates, and data backups. This is understandable. You need to focus on your immediate tasks. And, this is why businesses of all types are now using IT Managed Services. You can't afford technology interruptions and outages that slow down or shut down your business. Unless your technology is managed and maintained properly this is what you'll be dealing with. IT Managed Services provide 24/7 Remote Monitoring and Maintenance that keeps your computers, servers, and even your mobile devices running securely and at peak performance. Without it, you can face productivity issues. With it, you can compete with the best of companies.
Why Are Managed Services Better Than Break-Fix Services?Because using managed services is less expensive and you'll have access to your technology whenever you need it. With break-fix service, you pay by the hour for services. With Managed IT Services, you’ll pay an agreed-upon, flat-rate monthly fee. You’ll save money. And, your computers, network, and other IT equipment will stay fine-tuned and be working at peak performance. Your Managed Service Provider (MSP) must take care of all your technology issues no matter how long it takes. Not only is this better for you because your costs will be predictable, but expenses are typically less overall for a professional MSP. Why? It's cheaper to prevent IT issues than it is to repair them. With Managed Services, your provider will remotely monitor your computer network to catch problems before they cause downtime or security breaches. With break-fix, when your computer or server breaks, you have to wait for service that may not be immediate. The cost of downtime adds up. And those hourly fees can add up as well. With break-fix, if your technology takes 2 hours to repair, you pay for those 2 hours. If service takes 2 days, you pay for 16 hours (or more if the tech must work after hours). With Managed Services, you only pay your monthly fee no matter how long it takes to repair your problems. Your monthly payment will stay the same even if techs have to work overnight or over a weekend to get you back up and running. A break-fix IT company has no incentive to fix things quickly or ensure they don't have to come back. This costs you money, not them. They make money off your pain, rather than your success. It doesn't benefit a Managed Services Technology Provider to come back again and again. It costs them money. They'll want to fix things right the first time. You'll benefit because you'll have peak-performing technology that stays that way. Managed Services provide the flexibility you need … Most MSPs offer tailored plans designed according to the level of management you need. You aren’t boxed into a service that doesn’t meet your unique requirements.
What Does IT Managed Service Include?Unlike with break/fix services, IT Managed Services Provide:
- Improved quality of service to prevent IT failures and work downtime.
- Both Onsite and Virtual Support.
- 24x7 Access to Help Desk Service.
- 24x7 Remote Monitoring and Maintenance so your technology is always reliable and secure.
- Protection from computer viruses, malware, and intrusions.
- Monitoring and management of application patches and upgrades.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Services so your data is always accessible quickly.
- Compliance Support for Industry and Government Regulations.
- Mobile Device Management to mitigate the risk of losing your confidential data.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) strategies to protect your business from liability.
- The most current applications without you investing in expensive equipment and software licenses.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with clearly defined goals, and review periods so you can grade your IT Managed Service Provider on their performance.